Natural Family Planning
Through modern technology and charting, fertile times are easily identified and proven to be 96-98% effective in multiple worldwide studies. Tepeyac’s physicians and Certified Nurse Midwife, as well as our Natural Family Planning (NFP) instructors, provide training and ongoing support in several methods of NFP to achieve or postpone conception.
NFP teaches you how to recognize when you are fertile without drugs or side effects. No hormones or waste are in your body or the earth. You achieve or delay pregnancy naturally, according to your cycles.
If you have regular or irregular cycles, you can successfully use NFP to avoid or delay pregnancy when you and your husband discern a serious reason to do so. Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS), Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS), endometriosis, and other health problems can be identified and treated through NFP’s fertility monitoring.
NFP can help achieve pregnancy for women struggling with infertility by identifying hormone deficiencies and precise fertile windows.
Tepeyac OB/GYN offers several methods of NFP, including the Marquette Model, Creighton Model FertilityCare™ System, and the Sympto-Thermal Method.
The Marquette Method
The Marquette Method monitors hormones in urine through the ClearBlue Fertility monitor.
- Can be used in conjunction with other signs of fertility, such as cervical mucus
- More helpful during breastfeeding period because cervical mucus can be unreliable during breastfeeding
- Helpful for women with irregular cycles
- Able to identify more infertile days for increased intimacy
- A 97-98% efficacy in avoiding pregnancy when taught by a qualified teacher and correctly applied
- Less expensive than oral contraceptives
- Strengthens marital life through increased communication, increased intimacy, renewed sexual desire and being open to new life
- Encourages mastery over sexual urges
- Many couples report an increase in spiritual well-being and being open to God’s will in their lives
Megan Floro, MSN, CRNP
Marquette Method NFP Instructor
- MS, Nursing, Franciscan University of Steubenville, 2010
- Certified Family Nurse Practitioner
- BS, Nursing, Magna cum Laude, Franciscan University of Steubenville, 2006
- Certificate in Marquette Model Natural Family Planning Theory and Application
- Certificate in Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers
- BS, Nursing, The Catholic University of America, 1992
- RN, 1992
- Member, FertilityCare Centers of America, and American Academy of FertilityCare Professionals
The cost is $250.00 for a package of four sessions. DMC will cover the total cost for all Mercy and Medicaid patients who are interested in the course.